I am back, witches!
Life likes to kick my ass, you know? School started in September, and getting myself used to the routines of teaching, and balancing work with family life, took longer than I expected!
I decided that as I re-launch Grimoire Files, I am going to divide my links into various sections, names of which shall be determined as I go, based on what comes across my desk that week!
witches be witching: cool witch-things that witches have done
- Learning How to Slap Nazis at at Self Defence Class taught by Witches
- Meet the Basic Witches who are moving Witchcraft into Mainstream
- Why Salem’s Modern-Day Feminist Witchcraft Scene is giving rise to “Magic Tourism
- Black Magic, Black Skin: Decolonizing Witchcraft
- coming to femme: unspelling the gender binary in women’s only spaces My god, this is so beautifully written, and really desconstructs the archetype of feminine bitch, and all the issues we have as girls and women growing up.
- Indulging My Son’s Obsession with Funerals While not witch/pagan specifically, this article really spoke to me about how we can parent those kids who don’t love the ordinary, how we can parent the kids that WE once were.
- explaining polytheism to kids My step-daughter and I have been talking a lot about religion – what I believe, what her dad believes (he is norse pagan) and what her mom believes (she is pagan). I read this article and used some of their ideas to help explain what I believe and why I believe it.
- Broadly’s January 2018 Horoscope. I don’t know about you guys, but their horoscopes are ALWAYS spot on, and pretty hilarious 😀
- earthbound spirits: 9 things i wish i knew as a (relatively novice) medium, this article is great for helping me to frame my experience as a medium so far, and gives me words to help me explain what I do know.
- Full Moon Goddess Blessing Salt
- Hawthorne Heart: Bad-Ass Boundaries Resource List So I came across this online course, “hawthorne heart: boundary skills and protection magic for femme witches and healers” The class is expensive, and I haven’t signed up for it. But this link roundup they posted really seemed to resonate with me – I have some more exploration to do on the topic of Boundaries personally, and I am intrigued to do more research!
- how to craft your own herbal smoking blends i am a cannabis smoker. I am pretty open about it, but I also *enjoy* smoking, and the idea of making an herbal blend to smoke is quite intriguing.
- create your own altar – a rough rundown of what an altar is and some different pictures of altars.
- Winter Crafts for Wiccans – while this doesn’t have any specific recipes or instructions, it is a great list of ideas for things you can do as a witch in the winter. I do a lot of them already (creating incense blends, make cold remedies, make crockpot meals, quilt), but it is a great reminder for me of the magic of Winter and the amazing way we can be creative when it is harder to be outdoors.
- the ultimate list of witchy resources – The Witch of Lupine Hollow has this great resource list of books She also has this amazing guide to creating your grimoire manuscript: grimoire planing for the editorial witch, which is a phenomenal starter guide for the modern witch who is wanting to create their own grimoire
If you have any awesome blogs or links you think I should post, please drop me a comment here, on FB, or on Tumblr with a link and I’ll be sure to include it in my next Grimoire File!